Monday, May 21, 2012

???? East Coast baby, Kiwi Mike

Well we be shittin’ in some real tall cotton right now as we are on the shores of our mystery city and we hear the waves breaking from our motel room. We splurged a bit over budget but the music of the waves is what we wanted to hear. Job 1 is we've got to get our bikes shot on the beach here on the east coast after giving each other high fives and a big hug. We found a beach front opening and start taking pictures, then I had a brain fart to ride the Coast Guard bike right out on the beach. I rode it out and we start taking pics. After a while we take Greg’s Dirty Girl bike pics as well. We notice behind us what looks like a motel but without any signage so we leave the bikes where they are and wander over to inquire. The motel lost its franchise and it’s in bankruptcy and a bit run down but it’s right on the beach and twice over budget but this place will do us perfect. Hook us up lady, we wanna be right on the beach hearing the waves. Well as I’m writing this we have the door open and listening to the music of the waves crashing on the beach.


So as we leave the registration desk and make our way back to our bikes on the beach, 2 cops are standing next to our bikes. Sergeant Felts and Officer Moss told us we couldn’t be on the beach and asked for our ID at which time we told them where we came from and what our mission was. They were 2 cool guys and I said well I’m glad we got our pics before you boys showed up. We all had a good laugh so I said since we have come this far and we’ve had a rather boring and wet day till now, we gota get a pic with you 2 boys to spice things up. We had some fun and some dam good laughs together. They said they will keep an eye on our bikes this evening.

We parked our bikes at the motel and went to a bar just a block down the road and sat on the deck right on the beach enjoying a few beers to take it all in. Greg lit up a cigar and I was just mesmerized by the sound of the waves. This is an awesome feeling.
Dinner was awesome on the wharf with front row seats right on Maryland water.

It’s been an adventure to get here but to be on the water at the opposite end of the US feels really darn good. Even though we aren’t quite in DC yet it feels like we have accomplished our mission, from coast to coast baby. That’s an accomplishment in itself.

I’m in love with my 1945 Chief. I have a 1944 Chief which is exactly the same bike and it’s my Death Valley off road bike. I ride that bike bike with confidence all over Death Valley and nothing can kill it, rocks, sand, gravel, embankments, ditches, dry creek beds, mountains and everything else in between. I’m going to miss the Coast Guard bike since she will be going on tour for a year. But I still have my wife Carolyn who I will get to see Thurs evening in DC. She waits up every night to receive my pictures to upload them to the blog and FaceBook. Thank you Carolyn!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment