Sunday, May 20, 2012

Oxford NC, Kiwi Mike

We had a super nice and latish breakfast with Wally, Regan and Regan’s sister Terra who just had her pre wedding girls party the night before.


It was fun going over the day before races and the girls party.

Our rule was still in motion, no place with a table cloth. I had an omelet as it was going to have to tie me over till dinner time as we had to pound out some miles.

The seat and wind in our faces felt good however the down side is we are on the super slab highway (freeway) for a while. We’ve got a mission to do and we’ve got to knock off the miles. Riding on the super slab is not our idea of fun. It’s impersonal and not the part of America we enjoy.

We had had several late nights in a row which were catching up with us so we figured to call it quits at around 5 tonight. We pulled into the 1 motel the sign on the freeway advertized and one of 1 front doors was boarded up and had a sign on it to say use the other side door. I open it up and I’m in a tiny little lobby which I could touch all 4 walls with my arms stretched out. I press the button for service and behind the darkened glass window in front of me a red dot Indian appeared. Picture being in a tiny room with a small glass window that u have to communicate with the person and slide the money under the window in a drawer. The guy behind the window was in a darkened room like he didn’t want to be identified so I said, man its pretty dark back there, don’t you have a light. He pretended he didn’t understand but he understood when it came to dealing with money. 50.00 for 2 people, cash only, no refunds plus a 5.00 key deposit. I left.

We went up the road to gas up and 2 guys on modern tricked out Jappy sport bikes pulled in and were impressed with our bikes. We asked if they knew of a decent place to eat and they led us down the road to a nice Italian restaurant which had excellent food.

From here we went another mile of so down the road to some decent motels that we could pick from. We were under budget for about the 3rd time ever.

I did make an error the other night writing the town of Mocksville (I wrote Mucksville). This was the town Diane’s Diner was in. It coincidentally was also the town Regan was from. I have no doubt that town is NOT the same without her. Go Regan!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment